A firm believer in “yoga can be done anywhere, anytime by anyone” Melody Abella founded abellaYoga (a mobile yoga business) in 2006.
abellaYoga travels to teach corporate yoga and private yoga clients in Washington, D.C., Alexandria and Arlington, VA. Offering private yoga in your home, office or hotel as well as group yoga classes at corporate offices, conferences and outdoor settings.
Anywhere you can think of, abellaYoga travels to you!
- Studying yoga since 1994
- Teaching yoga since 2005
- Yoga business owner since 2006
- Yoga classes taught = 3,000+
- Yoga hours trained = 1,500+
- Specializing in private yoga (home yoga) & corporate yoga (office yoga) since 2006
- Part-time faculty/Yoga Instructor at George Washington University
- Skilled at teaching:
- Power Vinyasa Yoga (all levels)
- Dharma Yoga (all levels)
- Beginner Yoga
- Gentle Yoga
- Chair Yoga (Desk Yoga)
- Yoga for Seniors
- Prenatal Yoga
- Yoga for Diabetes and Anxiety
- Breathing (Pranayama)
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher – (E-RYT 500) with the Yoga Alliance
- Certified Dharma Yoga Teacher – 800-hour level (2013/2014) and 500-hour level (2011/2012)
- Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga – Level I (2007) and Level II (2009)
- Graduate of Down Dog Yoga – 200-hour level (2005/2006)
- Certified in prenatal and postnatal yoga – Tranquil Space (2008)
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition – (Health Coach, 2010)
- University of Delaware – (Business Major/MIS Minor, 1994)
Melody travels throughout the year to NYC to continue her yoga studies with Sri Dharma Mittra, known as the “Teachers’ Teacher”. Melody’s dedication to her personal, professional and playful growth is key to her clients’ yoga journey.
Before founding abellaYoga, Melody worked as a marketing professional for over 10 years in the telecom/technology world of Washington, DC. -i.e. Nextel, MCI, Network Solutions, VeriSign. Needless to say Melody breathed & lived corporate life, witnessing firsthand how people individually react to and store stress – physically, mentally and emotionally. Now returning to the corporate world but in an abellaYoga uniform, she recognizes every client is in a different place – in their bodies, lives and hearts. Melody observes, listens and challenges “all-levels” of yoga students to discover a healthier way of moving, thinking and being. Whether you are new to yoga or an advanced yogi, you’re guaranteed to sweat, breathe and glow after a practice with Melody.
Learn more about clients Melody has worked with and read client testimonials.
Melody Abella is a Real Estate Associate at TTR Sotheby’s International Realty.
Learn more about Melody by viewing the video below.